July 28, 2011

Brian Wilson, 1976

Brian Wilson: Yeah, I had a problem taking drugs. Up until four months ago I was taking a lot of cocaine. And these doctors came in and showed me a way to stop doing it, which is having bodyguards with you all the time so you can’t get to it....Do you take drugs yourself?

David Felton: Yeah, I experiment.

BW: Do ya? Do ya snort?


DF: Sure.


BW: That’s what I thought. Do you have any with ya?

DF: No.


BW: That’s the problem. Do you have any uppers?

DF: I have nothin’ on me.


BW: Nothing? Not a thing, no uppers?

DF: I wouldn’t lie to you. I wish I had ’em, but I don’t.


BW: Do you have any at home? Do you know where you can get some?

DF: See, now I guess you gotta get to the point in the program where you’re not going to ask me questions like that.


BW: That’s right. You just saw my weakness coming out. Which I don’t understand.


Rolling Stone interview with Brian Wilson, 1976 [book]

No comments: