January 05, 2010

Fractals from roots


No real idea of the math behind it, but a great set of images via John Baez [click the name for full post], who writes:
My friend Dan Christensen has created a fascinating picture of all the roots of all polynomials of degree ≤ 5 with integer coefficients ranging from -4 to 4.
Sam Derbyshire then went on to investigate Chrtistensen's image, above, at a higher resolution and came up with several images, including the ones below, both of which can be clicked and enlarged. It seems like a very interesting environment to poke around in, and it's all real.


All posts tagged fractals.

1 comment:

Jubin Mehta said...

I've been following your blog lately.. It's really great.. I'm surprised to find that there aren't more comments! Can I know who you are? I'm impressed by your depth of knowledge... I'd prefer to have your mailing id...